Sowerby Village School's eSafeguarding Page
The online world is rapidly developing and many children now have access to devices which enable them to connect to the internet, take photographs or videos and communicate with others.
While it is important not to obstruct them from developing skills from using these devices, it is essential that parents support their children in navigating the online world.
Some of the issues related to primary pupils using the internet are:
- Accessing inappropriate content on the internet
- Using ‘mature’ social networking sites, such as Facebook, and connecting with individuals they don’t know
- Being cyberbullied by others on the internet
- Using technology appropriately, e.g. webcams and cameras on mobile devices
- Sharing personal information with others they don’t know on the internet.
- Playing video games with adult rating, e.g. Call of Duty.
Our Parents page and age specific children's pages are to provide you and your child(ren) with more information about how to keep children safe and be safe on the internet.