Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: 8th June 2018
To start January 2019
The children, staff and governors at Sowerby Village CE (VC) Primary School are looking for an excellent Assistant Headteacher to further strengthen our committed team. We require a special person with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice resulting in high levels of pupil progress. The position will be class-based for four days each week with further release time arranged at key times of the year. The role:
- Be an excellent teaching role model in a year group to be agreed within the recruitment process
- Be accountable for the progress and attainment of all pupils within the class taught.
- Maintain and enhance a safe, secure and stimulating environment within the classroom and support this across the school.
- Work with parents as partners in the education of their children.
- Contribute to the further development of the ‘wider’ life of the school.
- Lead and develop a core curriculum area
- Deputise in the absence of the Headteacher including undertaking the responsibilities of key holder.
- Carry out the duties of Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) as set out in the school’s ‘Promoting the Safety and Welfare of Children Policy’.
- Assist the Headteacher in all matters relating to the recruitment of class-based staff.
- Will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a friendly demeanour
- Will be a very good teacher able to motivate and enthuse children with a keen interest in their own professional development
- Will be motivated and organised, able to work to timescales and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Will be a team player with the ability to work well both within a team and with a high level of independence
Sowerby Village C E (VC) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all its pupils and expects all stakeholders to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and satisfactory completion of the disqualification by association check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting our Administration Team on 01422 831971 / firstname.lastname@example.org